28 June, 2011

KRUI Appearance

Hello, it's been a while, hasn't it? While I wile away over piles of grading and composing graduate papers, there's been a marked lack of time that I've spent with you. However, I've found time to head over and guest DJ at KRUI on the University of Iowa's campus. If you're not already listening to their programming, click here to begin correcting that sad mistake. Myself, I was lucky to spin a two hour set tonight dedicated to summertime tracks and grooving, and I took full advantage of that opportunity to provide something close to a story. Okay, not really, but it was still gratifying to do this, and it won't be the last time. Keep listening as you wait for the next entry in the summer teen movie series and further music reviews; they're happening sooner than you think.

Here's last night's playlist. I think you'll find some excellent, acceptable songs here for your consumption.


Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes

Cults - Rave On

Girls - Summertime

Talking Heads - Love for Sale

Josh Rouse - Under Cold Blue Stars
tUnE-yArDs - Gangsta

Har Mar Superstar (I honestly forget the name of the tune)
MC Honky - Sonnet No. 3 (Like a Duck)

Texas Instruments - She's My Muse
Pontius CoPilot - Hangover Retreat
Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All

Bat for Lashes - Glass

Sufjan Stevens - What Goes On

The Jesus and Mary Chain - Taste of Cindy

Beulah - What Will You Do When Your Suntan Fades?

My Morning Jacket - Anytime (Live)

The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You

Kings of Convenience - Know-How (featuring Feist)

Jude - Rick James

The Jam - Town Called Malice

The Get Up Kids - Ten Minutes

Daniel Johnston - Devil Town

Modern English - I Melt With You

The Cooper Temple Clause - Blind Pilots

No comments: