30 March, 2011

Reader Request

Hey everybody, thanks for the great comments, particularly on the Rebecca Black article.  I'm interested in doing a readers request review or analysis for my next blog post, and I'm looking for suggestions about what you think I should examine next.  I've got some great ideas for this blog, and I'm looking forward to my upcoming summer film series beginning next month, but I'd also like this to be a place where your voice is also heard, and one way to do it is through reader suggestions.  Put a comment on this site suggesting some media you want to hear, let me know what you want, and I'll begin working on it this weekend for a Wednesday posting!
 

5 comments:

Eric Lahm said...

it could be interesting to see you move into some different genres from time to time. For instance, I'd love to see you break down a Rap album (perhaps historically BIG Life after Death, VS new Eminem), specifically how that side of the industry has shifted. I'd also like to see you review some more "out there" bands, such as The XX or Explosions In The Sky. Things that we've possibly never heard of before.

Jake said...

if you do a rap album, which i would be interested in reading, please do something released pre-2005. it seems all the others...well, i'll leave that for my comment.

Unknown said...

also, as a side note, i'd like to see some rebuttals after our comments.

Eric Lahm said...

I second both of jake's comments... I also think it would be interesting to see you break down a band's entire career, perhaps you choose one band a month to examine. It'd just be great to see your thoughts on the progression/collapse of bands.

Also, Third Eye Blind could be fun (i'm a homer)

Kyle Moody said...

Well, I'm doing a rap album soon, but attaching other scholarly thought to it. Your ideas are good, Eric, and I'd like to extend my views to the Bowling Green and Iowa music scenes since college towns produce bands (hint: most suck). Finally, the band progression would need to cover a smaller period just to get started, but it will likely happen during this summer. I'm also expanding into film this summer with a surprise segment, but I can't talk about it yet.